Simpson Strong MIT Medium I-Joist Top-Flange Hanger
The MIT is designed to support 90° connections of I-joists to headers. This top-flange hanger features a Funnel Flange™ design allowing for easier placement of members. The hanger also features positive-angle nailing (PAN), specifically created for I-joists to minimize splitting.
- Features additional triangle holes for additional uplift
- Features optional fastening with PAT for steel applications/header
- Cost-effective solution for standard 90º connections in comparison to welded hangers
- 16 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners. Verify that the header can take the required fasteners specified in the table.
- See product-specific installation drawings.
- Optional triangle nail holes may be used for increased uplift capacity. See Optional Nailing for Increased Uplift table.
- For sloped joists up to 1/4:12, there’s no reduction; from 1/4:12 up to 1/2:12, tests show a 10% reduction in ultimate hanger strength. Local crushing of the bottom flange or excessive deflection may be limiting; check with joist manufacturer for specific limitations on bearing of this type